Transitioning from 12" masonry block to 8" masonry block in CA X8

DCB123

Having some difficulty with the CA X8 program, as I am trying to transition from a 5000 square ft building going from 12" CMU up to 8" CMU on the second floor or upper level of a 5000 sq. ft monastery. Currently, I have completed the second floor, but don't see the windows on the exterior walls in 3D perspective view? There must be a setting I am overlooking? Phone calls are welcome as well. Doug @ (970)987-4476 cell

Email: douglasburgmann@gmail.com

Thx,

DCB

Monastery-14pln-(03-12-16)_dcb.plan

Your problem seems to be that you have some very strange room definitions.  The entire top floor structure defaults are set to "Floor Supplied by the Foundation Room Below".  Uncheck that setting for the rooms on that top floor so that you have an actual floor structure and your problem should be solved. 

Basically, your lower windows dont show on the floor plan, but do on the elevations and your upper windows dont show on the elevations but do on the floor plan.

As Micheal said you have some very odd things going on in that plan.  If you dont know how to follow Michael suggestion I would look at trying to setup a new file and copy/paste over to it with the new info.  I did that and had to re-inset some of the windows but the file was stabilized.

You're going to have to be more specific because I was able to fix it doing as I suggested.post-46-0-34380100-1457836500_thumb.jpg

After fixing the problem you need to add windows to your first floor though as you don't actually have any down there. Those openings you saw were just cutouts for the windows in the wall above. As you had it drawn up, the floor for the second level was being supplied by the room below which means that's where the windows were being placed...referencing the floor below.