Edit shadows in existing elevation camera?

mydog8it

Has anyone found a way to edit the shadow intensity for an existing/saved vector elevation? I changed the defaults under camera > rendering techniques, but that only seems to apply to new cameras. I'm not seeing an option to edit the shadows under 3d > edit active camera, just to turn them on and off.

Sidenote: The elevation shadows look amazing! Well done, CA. 

Has anyone found a way to edit the shadow intensity for an existing/saved vector elevation? I changed the defaults under camera > rendering techniques, but that only seems to apply to new cameras. I'm not seeing an option to edit the shadows under 3d > edit active camera, just to turn them on and off.

Sidenote: The elevation shadows look amazing! Well done, CA. 

Maybe I'm not understanding, but if you open that camera view and just either double click the little vector view icon or open the Rendering Technique Options dbx, you should be able to just adjust the shadow intensity there.

Maybe I'm not understanding, but if you open that camera view and just either double click the little vector view icon or open the Rendering Technique Options dbx, you should be able to just adjust the shadow intensity there.

Thank you. 'Technique Options' did the trick. I knew it had to be something ridiculously simple. :)

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Optimum_Moving
    Newest Member
    Optimum_Moving

• By ericepv
      Floor plans and renderings for marketing and planning from a Rochester, NY based company available for remote work. I am a long time Chief user (X6 to X14) and have worked for many commercial and residential clients across North America. You can view samples of my work on my website, Houzz profile  or my YouTube channel.

Please contact me directly at 585-441-5291 EST or by email: eric@epvisualz.com.

• By Renerabbitt
      I offer some of the fastest turnaround in the industry on LARGE complex projects. Need a model built? A rendering complete? Elevations? A fully hosted 3d model to walk through? A full DESIGN?
      Let me be your first stop to solving your urgent needs.

Created in Chief Architect X-13 in less than a day

Other Offer Services Posts:

• By TheResBureau
      I'm looking for someone working in X13 (Interiors) for ongoing help with floor plans and interior elevations. Someone who could help in a freelance capacity for my interior design business. This might include developing floor plans from hand drawn site measurements or PDFs from existing plans. Kitchen and bathroom elevations for construction purposes. Etc. No guarantees on the number of hours, but as needed throughout the year. Please reach out if interested.

• By kylejmarsh
      Here's how you can make some nice looking demo elevations with red dashed linework.

Start with demo layer having the dashed + red linework style.

Then go 3D to vector view - and try to turn off the 'color' of the wall textures. Problem is it turns off the linework red color too, which you want to preserve:

My hack is just to turn the 'material color' to white for the textures on the existing model:

And the final result is pretty nice:

Then you can send this to your layout view as a static image ->

Or you can coordinate the demo elevations, which now look like this:

Final product - demo elevations with dashed, colored linework showing demo areas:

Does anybody have an easier idea? There could probably be some changes to the software to allow for 'plot lines' views with colored + dashed linework (or maybe there already is?) but currently this seems like the best way to do it.

Kyle

• By Arch_Tech
      Hello all,

I am using CA X13.

I am designing a house that has a wing that is at 45 degrees relative to the other wing of the house.  I am working with a Home builder and he has shown me that when a house is at 45 degrees, typically the elevation views reflect that by only showing the outline of the structure that is set at 45 degrees, like this.

As you can see the garage portion is at 45 degrees relative to the elevation view.  I am pretty sure this set was produced with AutoCAD.  
      How can I make this happen in CA?

Thanks in advance!