Object labels into call-out?

johnny

Is there a way to turn an object's label into a call-out?  I use mostly footnotes in my plan, would love to use a call-out over an all text label.

Can you be more specific?  If you drop a schedule into the plan, the label can be displayed as a callout.  I'm assuming you must mean something else though. 

Can you be more specific?  If you drop a schedule into the plan, the label can be displayed as a callout.  I'm assuming you must mean something else though. 

Yep, here is an example.  I guess you could say I just want a circle around the label text, since I could use "3.1" for the label text.

post-75-0-85029800-1457734837_thumb.jpg

Yep, here is an example.  I guess you could say I just want a circle around the label text, since I could use "3.1" for the label text.

To clarify, using a custom schedule (made with a plant schedule), you can very easily get...

1.  The callout label (Prefix and number WITH a circle around it) next to your posts.  This callout would be automatically produced by the schedule. 

2.  An automatically produced list of notes with the associated callout prefix and number next to each note.  The notes would be placed in the Label field of your note symbol and would automatically display in the schedule.

The only problems I see are that...

A.  3.1 would not actually work as an automatically numbered callout label.  Those labels start at 01 (2 digits).  I don't know of any way to change that to start with 1 (single digit).  The closest you could probably get would be 3.01 (using 3. as your label prefix).

B.  The callout label (prefix and number) in your note schedule currently has no way of automatically getting a circle around it.  I think this would have to be added manually.

C.  The callout label you have next to your note in the note schedule is placed at the upper margin of the note itself.  Chiefs automatic schedules would place that label CENTERED with the note. 

There are a ton of other ways you can modify custom schedules to get exactly what you want, but if you want to do away with the 3 problems listed above, you would have some extra steps and manual modifications to make.