Patterns in wall elevator view problem

Cimarien

I think this should be a programming bug, but I don't know where to post it, so I just put here to share with other users, hope that some CA guy to pass by and correct it.

I use CA X7.

Usually I need to turn on patterns in Wall Elevator view, before exporting to CAD for wall tiles covering, like bath rooms, for example. Recently I found a bug, I cannot enable pattern view for new plan anymore, although I have turned on Pattern 3D view (in Layer Display Option) and Toggle patterns (in 3D menu). Open old plan files, it still works, patterns are on, it's only off for new plan.

Old plans were all immigrated from X6 or older versions, so I presume that the function is still there, just because something was missing. Then I started to turn on one by one layer in Layer Display Option to find the bug and finally I found it at the very last option, check on "Wall, labels", patterns will be displayed. My Gods, what to do with Wall Labels here.

So, finally I found a way to turn it on again for new plan, to do my work. But mystery is not ended yet, I open old plan file again for double check if old plan files have "Wall, Labels" on by incident? It's a big NO man, "Wall, Labels" is off all the way, so patterns view is not only controlled by "Wall, Labels", something else also affects, which one, Gods know, ha ha :)

So, this is a bug, or I did something wrong, could anyone tell me, thank you.

post-4317-0-59296200-1457693227_thumb.jpg

I just opened a recent plan of mine in X7. When I uncheck "Patterns, 3D views" in Display Options. The key here is "3D views" not 2D views. This has been the case since Version 9.5 or 8, nothing has changed during that time. The whole point of "patterns" is having them in 2D views so there is no reason to turn them off in such views, it is an option in 3D views and always has been.

DJP