Painting Ceiling/ Roof Plane Interior 2 Different colors (See attached)

wtstreetglow

Go to solution Solved by wtstreetglow,

Hello all and thank you in advance for your responses!

Could I get some help on how to take care of the attached? I am a new user and am having some issues with painting the ceiling (roof plane interior different colors)- I would like the flat ceiling to be white and the angled wall which is considered to be a ceiling pale yellow. 

Is there a way to do this? everything seems connected when I try to use the blend color tool on the angled surface, it also modifies the flat ceiling. 

Thank you all again.-- Also, if my .plan file is required, please respond and I can post as necessary.

Hello all and thank you in advance for your responses!

Could I get some help on how to take care of the attached? I am a new user and am having some issues with painting the ceiling (roof plane interior different colors)- I would like the flat ceiling to be white and the angled wall which is considered to be a ceiling pale yellow. 

Is there a way to do this? everything seems connected when I try to use the blend color tool on the angled surface, it also modifies the flat ceiling. 

Thank you all again.-- Also, if my .plan file is required, please respond and I can post as necessary.

Yes.  Post the plan.  And I would recommend almost never using the material painter in Blend mode.  I turn that off and leave it off except in very special situations.  That particular toggle may be responsible for more problems in Chief than any other.  I have long believed that it should have always been toggled off by default.

Yes.  Post the plan.  And I would recommend almost never using the material painter in Blend mode.  I turn that off and leave it off except in very special situations.  That particular toggle may be responsible for more problems in Chief than any other.  I have long believed that it should have always been toggled off by default.

Alaskan_Son,

Please see the attached. (The second floor bedrooms is where this "situation" occurs.)

.Plan and .doc file can be viewed at: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BymwM52lyoY1YVNTVmhZdFJLSTg&usp=sharing

If I'm looking at the right spot, its a ceiling you built with a polyline solid right?  I think there's probably a better way that spot could have been modeled, however to work with what you have, select that polyline solid, Convert To Solid, Explode Shape, and then paint the desired face. 

One way.

attachicon.gif1224 a.jpg attachicon.gif1224 b.jpg

Solver,

Thank you for your response. It worked great!! An additional question regarding this same issue. In my house that angled wall is actually white in the closets and yellow everywhere else. Is there anything I can do to make that a reality in my model? (Would I have to make additional roof planes to fix it to where it matches my physical house exactly?)

• Solution

You could draw in your own ceiling planes. This should also work for the rooms instead of changing the roof.

You may need to uncheck Use Room Ceiling Finish for the new ceiling planes.

attachicon.gifcp 1.jpg

Thank you again Eric. As always, perfect useful responses. Thank you for helping get all of that straightened out. It all worked like a charm!

-Weston