Importing PDF Floorplan | Matching Scale

SketchArchitect

Go to solution Solved by Alaskan_Son,

Hi All,

I just imported a plan provided by a builder I'm working with.  Is there a trick to matching scale?  See embedded image:post-7886-0-94436300-1457563468_thumb.png

As you can see, The PDF imported is exactly 1/2 the scale that Chief selected.

How do I make this kind of adjustment?

Kind Regards,

SAA

• Solution

That one is easy (because of the math).  I would just use Transform / Replicate and Resize using a factor of 2.   You can also use Point to Point Resize (a 2 step process though...once for horizontal and once for vertical).

If the resize factor is more complicated you can also draw a line over a known dimension in the PDF to get a length, divide the known dimension in Chief by the corresponding known dimension in the PDF and use that answer as your resize factor.

...You can also use Point to Point Resize (a 2 step process though...once for horizontal and once for vertical)...

I just realized that this is not altogether true.  If you know the aspect ratio is correct, you only have to do the point to point resize for one dimension.  Its still a 2 step process though... 

After the first resize is complete you have to open the PDF and click Reset Original Aspect Ratio.

• 1 year later...