Preserving Foundation (Level 0) Notes When Rebuilding Foundations?

HumbleChief

I have a bunch of notes I like to use on my foundation plan but every time I re-build the foundation the notes disappear. I've taken to using the same foundation plan and moving the foundation walls around to match any new floor above and that preserves the notes but was wondering what you all do to save those notes.

Library I guess is obvious, but what other methods are there out there?

I have a bunch of notes I like to use on my foundation plan but every time I re-build the foundation the notes disappear......

Ain't that funny,  that is why I quit using auto foundations 10 years ago.  

I have a bunch of notes I like to use on my foundation plan but every time I re-build the foundation the notes disappear. I've taken to using the same foundation plan and moving the foundation walls around to match any new floor above and that preserves the notes but was wondering what you all do to save those notes.

Library I guess is obvious, but what other methods are there out there?

Just off the top of my head, you could put those notes into a CAD Detail instead, you could put them on another floor and use reference sets.  You could put them on another floor, turn the layer off and copy/paste hold position onto foundation level after you rebuild foundation...

Nope,  slab on level zero.

I've adopted that same method then and like it so far. Just have to remember to not auto-rebuild. Plus my profile plan has the notes on its foundation level (0) as well so they are never too far away. Thanks Scott.

Michael, Alan, what method do you use? Or do you?

I put a lot of my notes in a text macro.

I put a lot of macros in my notes ;):D

Then I put my notes with leader lines in my "Notes & Labels" CAD Detail Window

post-47-0-82603500-1457560786_thumb.jpgpost-47-0-22939200-1457560806_thumb.jpg

The macro output is the Macro name when not connected but it shows the data when connected.

I can just copy/paste and connect the leader line to get the annotation.

...Michael, Alan, what method do you use? Or do you?

I honestly don't draw up foundations all that often.  I know that when I have though that I have NOT had problems with the foundation level deleting and rebuilding so in the past I must have either...

A.  Had Auto Rebuild turned on.

B.  Placed notes after foundation changes were completed.

Don't rightly recall though and I may well have used different methods each time.