Why does my wall disappear?

HighwayMan55

Go to solution Solved by KenL-sdd,

Thank you Gawdzira.

Your solution shows that the walls were turned back into CMU Block stem walls, which they are not.  They are pony walls.  The basement walls are CMU Block with a 4" interior wall, 36" off the floor and a 2x4 exterior wall on top of that (except the front garage wall which is 2-2x4 walls together...).  The top of the 36" block wall is same elevation as the top of the garage stem wall, which is 8" above 0.

What I did find, is that one particular wall is somehow tied to my Garage stem wall.  There is a break there, as that 4' portion is part of the basement.  But when I increase the Garage's Stem Wall Top then that portion of the pony wall will show.  In the attached photo, I changed the Garage's Stem Wall Top to 36" (the Garage floor is at 0").  How do I remove that association?

post-9838-0-86154900-1457625114_thumb.jpg

• Solution

I went thru the plan you posted. There are many issues causing the problem. The 1st floor wall does not align with the wall above and you are not using the same pony wall at that area at the foundation. I attached a picture of that area. I have been where you are in the learning curve. While the people in ChiefTalk help it can not replace training. I fought Chief for way to long then finally took classes. Now I run Chief instead of it beating me like a drum.

post-1731-0-90102100-1457964093_thumb.jpg

Thank you very much for the reply!

I can't believe I missed the walls being misaligned, that was it,  It was that easy.

As for having different pony walls, that's because they are different in that area.  I didn't design this house, I'm just trying to replicate it in drawing form.

Thank you again!