one way to create fully framed wall with curved openings.

yusuf-333

Here is a video on how to mix the tools of chief to get the detailed framing for a wall with curved opening. This isn't the only way but one way to get the job done. Hope it helps.

On a side note, I tried to show some work flows that could help during chief model and symbol creation as well.

Yusuf, this really looks great, but usually we need to really build what is in our drawings. Did you ever tried to bend 2x6 like that? What would be count of human labor hours for bending, and what is total price of that stud?

Also, what is load-bearing resistance of that stud?

Yusuf, this really looks great, but usually we need to really build what is in our drawings. Did you ever tried to bend 2x6 like that? What would be count of human labor hours for bending, and what is total price of that stud?

Also, what is load-bearing resistance of that stud?

Baxon thanks, I think that was a question to chiefarchitect, but I was just trying to show how one can use the tools of chief architect to get what he needs to draw and ofcourse how it should be built. When I come specifically to your question it depends what one wants, there are a lot of ways to cconstruct arched opening frames, but most of them are just to frame curved part bellow the main header as you can see it is there. But if what you were asking is some thing like this picture. guess how, but that should take less effort and time to assemble in the same workflow using wall framing.

post-2517-0-43108300-1457562598_thumb.jpg

Yusuf,

Normally with wood frame construction the arches are framed by applying 2 sheets of plywood cut to the shape of the arch - 1 to each side of the stud wall and then filling in with 2x4 studs at about 12-16" o.c. along the arch.

I don't know of any framers that would actually curve the arch the way you show.

Yusuf,

Normally with wood frame construction the arches are framed by applying 2 sheets of plywood cut to the shape of the arch - 1 to each side of the stud wall and then filling in with 2x4 studs at about 12-16" o.c. along the arch.

I don't know of any framers that would actually curve the arch the way you show.

Agreed.  I have personally framed MANY MANY of that type of arch and I always did so with plywood and 2x roughly as you described (except that more often than not I would fill the arch solid).

I promise I am not posting this to troll, and what Joe/Michael said was very true - but I was just watching this video the other day on pre-made arch sections that look similar to what Yusuf has - albeit its not merely a bent 2x.

99.9% of archways are framed with plywood or osb - but...

Johnny thanks, Here is an other video on the issue. It explains both methods and actually the programme can do both using the method I have posted.

Hey Alaska I am not teaching you guys how to construct, but some work flows that would help to model custom details using chief for those that need it!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6mLKI_f8uqQ