Rich Text Formating

johnny

I've been using an archaic method of getting my notes into CA for past plans, and I am just wanting to have everything natively available in layout. In that quest, i'm not fully understanding how to control text - specifically Rich Text that I want to format in line with other auto-numbering (lettering in this case). How can I get a rich text specification to indent like it has the upper sections so the 2nd line is directly under the first?

Most the text box works fine.

post-75-0-28669200-1457480340_thumb.jpg

post-75-0-27431100-1457480344_thumb.jpg

Johnny,

I'm not 100% sure of your exact setup or how you got there.

Are you using Bullets in the Paragraph Options?

Are you changing the size of the text box, or are you trying to do it in the Rich Text Specification dbx?

Johnny,

I'm not 100% sure of your exact setup or how you got there.

Are you using Bullets in the Paragraph Options?

Are you changing the size of the text box, or are you trying to do it in the Rich Text Specification dbx?

Thanks for the response. I got there by making a Rich Text and started pasting my text in from Vectorworks. That worked fine, but what I started to realize is that there was no way to have multiple columns of text (that i saw), and then secondary issue when I thought about breaking up the rich text boxes and manually numbering - but that wouldn't work in CA. Each text box needed to take over from where the last one left off - text box 1 would have A-E, text box 2 F-H (so on and so forth). Without letting CA number for you I couldn't see how to manually change the order of each text box to start at "F" and keep going.

I changed to a plain text, table formatted system but that effort to do simple text editing is 20x harder this method. I was just surprised CA didn't seem to have basic text tools we've come to expect in current applications.

All that said, I could be doing something wrong - but i've read the manual and help sections on this and couldn't find an answer.

Johnny,

Have a look at this.

It may have some possibilities for what you want to do.

I am still working out the squirrely bits, but it seems promising.

One disadvantage is that I don't think there is a way to have the text automatically change columns if you add or delete text or stretch the text box.

Once the text is in a particular column, it is there for good unless you cut and paste to another column.

ie, the text won't change columns as the height of the text box changes.

Sorry it came to a bit of an abrupt end because I hit the 5 minute restriction, but you should be able to get the idea.

http://screencast.com/t/5h4cpYNURO

Regarding your first couple of posts, can you post a plan with those text boxes that you are having trouble with.

You should be able to do what you want with the Paragraph formatting.

I would just need to have a look at your text.