Adding lighted post caps to existing deck newel posts

baynesjosh

Is there a way to add lighted post caps to existing newel posts on a deck?  I found the lighted post caps but I can't seem to attach them to the newel posts.  Also, is there a way to draw a full newel post at the wall instead of half post?  Do I need to get rid of default rails and draw my own railings using railing tool?

Is there a way to add lighted post caps to existing newel posts on a deck?  I found the lighted post caps but I can't seem to attach them to the newel posts.  Also, is there a way to draw a full newel post at the wall instead of half post?  Do I need to get rid of default rails and draw my own railings using railing tool?

Question 1...Yes.  Just manually place the lighted post caps on your newel posts and adjust as necessary in an elevation view.

Question 2...Just draw a very short section of invisible wall between your railing and the wall.  I think you basically have to draw the very short invisible wall first, then drag your railing over NEAR it (not all the way...maybe about 4" away).  The railing will join to the invisible wall when its close enough.  If you drag the railing all the way TO the invisible wall section or get too close the railing will overtake it and delete it. 

post-46-0-28625700-1457406572_thumb.png