Watch out if updating from todays NVidia's update.

DRAWZILLA

I tried to update my video card today from Nvidia's latest 3/7/16 update. Don't do it if you have dual monitors going on. It will crash your system so bad that you need to use a restore point to get back. So at least create one before you try it. First one ever from them for me. They agree is it a problem for people using multiple monitors. I would wait until they fix it.

Had the same problem yesterday.  Crashed one of my systems.  To fix it, i pulled the video card out.  Rebooted using Intel Video Driver.  Uninstalled Nvidia driver. put video card back in.  Installed driver, and all is good now.  Nice scare though.  I'm definitely not updating the other computers until the next release.  Didn't think to mention it here.  Thanks for doing that, and I'm adding my second to it.

I was having a problem with 364.47.

Today I noticed they have 364.51 beta available, have to check the blogs to see if they fixed something. Its very rare for them to release 2 versions in 2 days, unless it was a major problem.

Sounds like another reason not to use the junk Nvidia gamer cards. HP Support Assistant goes out and shows you the optimimum driver to use for each of the supported applications and your hardware. I just can't say enough good about HP Workstations and fully supported hardware.

The entire design world uses dual monitors or better. Lately feeling crippled that I had to go from 6 down to 3 since I only installed one video card in my new workstation. Today I received a new monitor that allowed Displayport passthrough so am back to 4. Almost acceptable.

Interesting. I was offered the update to ver. 362.00

last week which I performed, but I wasn't offered

the opportunity to update to the balky ver. 364.47.

Glad they tried it out on Perry's rig first. B)  

Interesting. I was offered the update to ver. 362.00

last week which I performed, but I wasn't offered

the opportunity to update to the balky ver. 364.47.

Glad they tried it out on Perry's rig first. B)  

Yes, I'm so happy. How did they know I have no recovery partition and had to "DOS IT" it to get in to repair.

I updated my NVidia to the 364.47 on the 7th and everything was fine.  Then I did a Chief update the yesterday...still fine.  Started my computer up today and when I open up any 3D view, chief crashes.  I removed the NVidia update to the previous version and updated to the 364.51 version, both crashing when I open a 3D view.  

• 4 weeks later...

I tried to update my video card today from Nvidia's latest 3/7/16 update. Don't do it if you have dual monitors going on. It will crash your system so bad that you need to use a restore point to get back. So at least create one before you try it. First one ever from them for me. They agree is it a problem for people using multiple monitors. I would wait until they fix it.

So True So True.  I have dual Monitors as well as a Nvidia CArd and I crash constantly right in the middle of something important as well.  I am about to upgrade my my card and hopefully fix the problem.