Roof and wall conflict wont go away (X8 problem?)

4hotshoez

Try this, go to your first floor, and just offset the wall (that is in line with the wall above and in line with your attic wall being generated) offset it - just a bit. If that does not work, offset the 2nd floor wall..

That should do the trick. Plan is attached.

-Dave  :)

post-637-0-47188700-1457305722_thumb.jpg

post-637-0-34145400-1457307351_thumb.jpg

1505T15.plan

I am not sure what you mean by offset, but I noticed reference layers were opposite from first to second. I switched the second floor wall ref layer and then pulled the roof back until it disappeared and than pulled the roof back in place and the wall did not come back this time. Seems like a small bug to me that I have seen before X8. Thanks for your help and the extra eyes.

I've learned to not fight CA and just try and move past issues like this - Scott showed me many times that just manually editing these areas can be the fastest and best way to deal with them.

...and yes, I feel your pain on these types of issues.

Can't you just go into that particluar walls dbx and change the type of wall so that is doesn't pertrude into the roof space?....I have been using this method for years now or will this not work in this instance?

Hi Todd,

Here is a repaired copy

The fascia hgt of the bathroom roof plane was off. (203 7/8) should be 204 1/2

I found the ceiling planes in the room next to this offending wall to be the problem.

Both planes are set extending into the wall to the exterior of framing layer. This is not the correct placement. Pulled the plane inside the room. left the base line on exterior of wall how you placed it. 

I place my ceilings on the inside of the wall framing to start the plane.

1505T15-mp.plan

X8 file. I am having trouble eliminating this wall which was not a problem in X7 where it was created.

Here is my solution.   The roof that the "bad wall" sits,  move it away from gable wall and back again.   I think you  will find it will be fixed.  I cannot explain why.

Todd,

There are a number of things you can do to address your issue such as those listed above, or by placing a break in that lower roof plane anywhere over the main layer of the wall below and dragging the section over the inside of the building to the face of drywall.

post-46-0-27081300-1457371983_thumb.png

HOWEVER, to get to the root of your problem... I believe the issue is caused by the fact your roof baseline and ceiling height in that area are identical.  My guess is that this is simply confusing the program. Either lower the ceiling height or raise the baseline by even 1/16" and your problem should go away.