bathroom tile

ThomasM

Go to solution Solved by TheKitchenAbode,

I have been trying to find out how to make the bathroom tile go only half way  up the wall .
I will continue to try and find out how but if anyone wants to give me a few pointers or proper search terms
that will help me.

thank you

Tom

thank you .  I ended up using the wall material regions tool.  worked very simple.  when I get a change I will look doing it with the wall elevation view.  that way seems more difficult but may be more helpful when more do it yourself techniques are needed.  thank you again. 

I think you are referring to the "Wall Material Region"?

Graham

I think he was referring to the Custom Backsplash tool.  If you're not familiar with it, its essentially a material region that automatically reshapes itself around cabinets, appliances, bathtubs, and other various items that are placed against the wall.  

I think he was referring to the Custom Backsplash tool.  If you're not familiar with it, its essentially a material region that automatically reshapes itself around cabinets, appliances, bathtubs, and other various items that are placed against the wall.  

Michael - Got it. Thanks for the reminder. I always use the Wall Material Region tool. Concerning the Backsplash one, it seems to have a problem recognizing fillers and if you have a situation where the countertop has an integrated backsplash it wipes it out not just from the display but it also alters the cabinet DBX, changes backsplash height to 0. Is this correct?

Graham

Michael - Got it. Thanks for the reminder. I always use the Wall Material Region tool. Concerning the Backsplash one, it seems to have a problem recognizing fillers and if you have a situation where the countertop has an integrated backsplash it wipes it out not just from the display but it also alters the cabinet DBX, changes backsplash height to 0. Is this correct?

Graham

That appears to be correct.  Yes.

My solution has been to use a MOLDING drawn in plan with a defined thickness and height.  Using a molding makes if very easy to wrap the material around edged of wall ends etc.  And if you think about it,  you will then get a THICKNESS OF TILE that can be seen in 3d which is how it will  probably look in real life.

I have almost never used the WALL MATERIAL OPTION for tile,  I only use this for wallpaper or paint  (because of the THINNESS of the material).

Scott - Interesting technique, like the wrapping around corners. How do you deal with uppers that vary in bottom height or window openings?

Graham

It does not happen very often,  but when it does,  I break the molding at the appropriate locations and resize.  

The beauty of it is you can add several moldings on the same line,  adjust the thickness of material to say...   get a 6" hi accent strip at countertop level, or different tiles on kitchen backsplash and the molding will turn corners and even you can recess them into the window jamb above the sinks,  especially when the window above sink sits on counter.

Not perfect,  but it does lend itself to many options.

It does not happen very often,  but when it does,  I break the molding at the appropriate locations and resize.  

The beauty of it is you can add several moldings on the same line,  adjust the thickness of material to say...   get a 6" hi accent strip at countertop level, or different tiles on kitchen backsplash and the molding will turn corners and even you can recess them into the window jamb above the sinks,  especially when the window above sink sits on counter.

Not perfect,  but it does lend itself to many options.

I will definitely give that one a try. Thanks for sharing.

Graham

My solution has been to use a MOLDING drawn in plan with a defined thickness and height.  Using a molding makes if very easy to wrap the material around edged of wall ends etc.  And if you think about it,  you will then get a THICKNESS OF TILE that can be seen in 3d which is how it will  probably look in real life.

I have almost never used the WALL MATERIAL OPTION for tile,  I only use this for wallpaper or paint  (because of the THINNESS of the material).

Scott, the wall material region does have a thickness you can assign, or am I not understanding what you are saying