Ceiling/Wall @ Corner Transition

Greg_NY61

I noticed that when you have a loft or a drop in ceiling elevation, you have a ceiling line on the adjoining face of the wall as you can see it in this picture. In rendering view it looks a little better but it still there. Is there a way to get rid of that effect permanently or that has something has to do with the software?

Thanks!

post-4069-0-24859500-1457104089_thumb.jpg

As Graham suggested, you can drag down the wall to cover it up but then you'll likely just end up with z-fighting. To get rid of the z-fighting, you could slightly increase the thickness of the wall finish material or add a material region with maybe a 1/8" thickness (make sure to uncheck Cut Finish Layer Of Parent Object).

OR if accuracy isn't too important, you could make your ceiling finish thinner (its the thickness of your ceiling finish that you're seeing).

I don't think that would work ot that should be the remedy ,I think this is more of a programing issue, you have a wall and you have a ceiling the break point between the two should be at the corner dynamically. If you have same color ceiling it would be fine but having 2 colors it wasn't accounted for.

I don't think that would work ot that should be the remedy ,I think this is more of a programing issue, you have a wall and you have a ceiling the break point between the two should be at the corner dynamically. If you have same color ceiling it would be fine but having 2 colors it wasn't accounted for.

I agree.  This should be handled better by the software.  Maybe post a suggestion.  I was just giving you suggestions on the easiest fixes we currently have available (at least that I know of). 

There is no issue if the underside of the protrusion is the same colour as the verticle face. In most cases like the one shown you would not likely have this painted as a ceiling. Yes it appears that the program under these circumstances does not have a corner beaded (miter) drywall effect, it seems to treat it as if the 1/2" drywall is just butted and the vertical 1/2" edge is the same colour as the horizontal face.

Graham

I noticed that when you have a loft or a drop in ceiling elevation, you have a ceiling line on the adjoining face of the wall as you can see it in this picture. In rendering view it looks a little better but it still there. Is there a way to get rid of that effect permanently or that has something has to do with the software?

Thanks!

This is a great question.   Suppose you added a VERY THIN PAINT LAYER?  Would this work?  No,  I do not believe so because the paint at the vertical wall surface will not cover up the EDGE OF THE DRYWALL.

Sorry,  I do not have a good solution other than those already posted which are not perfect.  

I have learned to live with it.