Text/Layer Association issue

johnny

I'm having a noobish issue (perhaps) where I can't get my fonts in an imported survey file to change based upon the layer I assign. I've created a new layer, assigned a default text style, and am trying to change text by re-assigning the layer properties.

This seems like it should be working, but im sure its probably something obvious that i'm doing wrong.

lot13.plan

Johnny,

You can't use Text Styles with Rich Text.

On the Text Style panel of the ordinary Text Specification box, you can select Use Layer For Text Style (which I think is what you want), Use Text Style, or Use Custom Text Style. 

This is also available with text defaults.

These options are not available with Rich Text.

All your text boxes are Rich Text.

Unfortunately, you can change ordinary Text to Rich Text, but you can't go the other way.

But, it is easy though, to multiple select all the Rich Text boxes and open the dbx.

Change any settings you need (like font) and do all the Rich Text boxes at once.

I'm not sure if this will help or help with finding an answer, but once rich text is placed, as far as I know, to change the style or anything else concerning the text of rich text, you have to open the rich text box , select the text (or highlight the text), then change it. You don't have to do this using standard text. All text from a DWG will always be rich text (at least in my experience with DWGs).