Cabinet Molding Alignment Issue

HomesByDesign

What's the secret in matching the cabinets so the molding doesn't continue around the perimeter of the cabinet where it's not wanted for overhead shots?

In the attached the corner cabinet and fridge cabinet are from the cabinets function in CA but the range cabinet is from the library - all defaults are identical from what I can tell and as you can tell from the image the molding is identical in size and height....

Thoughts?

Thanks - x8

Ron

post-766-0-84069100-1456959253_thumb.jpg

Attach the plan for a better answer, but I've found this can often times be an odd bug within Chief. I've reported the issue in the past.  Usually all I have to do is click "Rebuild 3D" and the problem fixes itself.  If I remember correctly its almost always a problem where wall cabinets and full height cabinets meet each other. 

This problem is usually caused be a slight misalignment of the cabinets.  This can be vertically or horizontally.  If everything is perfectly butted together it should work.  It would appear that the Oven Cabinet may be misaligned (either in the x or y direction).  It's probably wider than the space between the other 2 cabinets.

However, if it still doesn't work make a Molding Polyline at the edges of the Cabinets and apply the crown molding to that instead of to the Cabinets themselves.

CJ or Joe could be right with the alignment issues, but I just double checked to verify, and I can very easily recreate the issue...still hasn't been fixed  Like I said though, simply clicking Rebuild 3D fixes it in those instances. 

Here are 3 quick examples.  And for the record, simply clicking undo and then redo seems to have the same effect as Rebuild 3D...

post-46-0-10355600-1456960807_thumb.jpg

post-46-0-20680300-1456960818_thumb.jpg

post-46-0-59975600-1456960827_thumb.jpg

post-46-0-21013000-1456960839_thumb.jpg

post-46-0-02402500-1456960848_thumb.jpg

post-46-0-86428900-1456960855_thumb.jpg

Looks like the cabinet on the right is invading the space of the center cabinet.  In plan, check to make sure the cabinet side is in the right location and has the right dimensions.

I moved the right cabinet over and back to make sure it was sharing a panel but that didn't help ---

Joe, I like your idea - that's easier,,, I am a 6 year (give or take) part time Chief addict and like Michael I've seen this many times before....  And why is this an issue now you may ask? :-) the plan I am doing is for rendering purposes only -- a buddy of mine is using that silly program called AutoCAD to do the construction drawings :-)

CJ or Joe could be right with the alignment issues, but I just double checked to verify, and I can very easily recreate the issue...still hasn't been fixed  Like I said though, simply clicking Rebuild 3D fixes it in those instances. 

Here are 3 quick examples.  And for the record, simply clicking undo and then redo seems to have the same effect as Rebuild 3D...

I usually use the cabinet molding option for light valances. The same thing happens.

Graham