Foundation View Issue

Migaloo

Go to solution Solved by Migaloo,

I have an issue with the foundation views of the same foundation wall not being the same. The garage view has more layers in the view. It appears to show footing and brick layer. The house view only shows outer wall and inner footing layer. I have been unable to see any difference in the settings that might cause this. The wall is a 8" concrete stem wall 4" brick ledge. Any ideas what is happening here? 

post-9054-0-81507600-1456931734_thumb.jpg

Jim:

I am looking at your plan trying to figure what's going on .... ???  If I select one of your house foundation walls and make a copy and place it out away from the house, it displays (correctly ... I think) just like the garage foundation walls.  Not sure what has changed at the house such that your brick layer isn't displaying.  Will try some more.  A section through your screened porch looks weird at the foundation wall area.  Have you done any thing with those walls with the material eye dropper or perhaps moving the foundation wall up/down in elevation view?  Have you tried deleting the foundation and then rebuilding it?

I just got back to the office and had a quick chance to take a look at your plan. Problem is that you have different room definitions for those foundation rooms. The numbers I have indicated (taken from the garage area) are both zero for your main structure...
post-46-0-27795600-1456957308_thumb.png

That zero stem wall height is essentially resulting in no wall to display. In the attached picture you should be able to see what I'm talking about. The top of slab and top of walls are at the same height. You can see "z-fighting" in some places where the top of wall and top of slab on the main structure are occupying the same space.post-46-0-93916700-1456957455_thumb.jpg

Not sure exactly what your goal is, but if you just change the stem wall height to 1/16" the wall will show up. 

• Solution

ok I will play around with it some more. I think I will try rebuilding them first. Thank you for you advice.

Maybe I should ask a different question:  In this plan I am attempting to show the brick ledge extending below the lowest floor level. As the front of the house is elevated for steps up to porch area and the rear porch is16" lower as it steps out of the sunken living room. I have been playing around with the stem wall trying to make this happen so that in my elevation views the brick exterior will extend below the floor level in order to cover the areas not covered by the terrain. I hope I have made sense here. I think maybe there is a better way to do this than what I have done.