Importing Plan - Roomplanner Vs Home Designer

CBuserIndia

I am new to "Chief Architect Interior". I want to know if it is possible to import plan made in "Home Designer Interiors" in to "Chief Architect Interior"

Is it possible to create layout ( walls, doors, windows ) structure of the house in Home Designer Interiors & then zip project & import in to different machine which is running "Chief Architect Interior"

I have representatives at various locations who would like to send basic layout/plan & then central studio do all detailing.

I am aware Room Planner app allows to create plan which later on can be imported inside Chief Architect Interior. Read about it, but have not tried.

How do you guys compare "RoomPlanner" vs "Home Designer Interior" for achieving above goal.

Also if there are any other free/low-cost third party software suggestions to quickly create basic layouts which can be later pulled in to "Chief Architect Interior"

Thanks

it is my understanding the a plan created by any HD product can be imported into

Chief Interiors or Premiere

CI and CP should be able to set an edit flag and the HD product should be able to read/edit the plan

IF, the edit doesn't involve features the HD product doesn't support

you should contact CA's sales team to discuss your needs and workflow as they can best assist

I have no experience with room planner

I retired before it came

Lew

I want to know if it is possible to import plan made in "Home Designer Interiors" in to "Chief Architect Interior"

Is it possible to create layout ( walls, doors, windows ) structure of the house in Home Designer Interiors & then zip project & import in to different machine which is running "Chief Architect Interior"

How do you guys compare "RoomPlanner" vs "Home Designer Interior" for achieving above goal.

Yes, you can import files from Home Designer Interiors to Chief Architect Interiors.

With Room Planner, you can import walls, doors and windows into Chief Architect Interiors.  It does not import items like furniture, cabinets or materials.  Room Planner is mainly targeted to get as-built measurements for remodeling