What Are These Little Oddities?

OldCKD

And how can I get them to go away?

They appear to be artifacts from the dormer; in fact, in plan view I can see what looks like an extra wall with a window and casing, etc. - but it can't be selected or deleted.

So what I end up with appears to be little bits of baseboard trim on an invisible wall, jutting up from the floor.

Very weird - can anyone advise on how to correct this?

TIA

PS - I'm not very practiced at dormers so I'm sure it's me, but...WTH?

post-192-0-05267500-1456791971_thumb.jpg

I can!

Bear in mind, this is just the center chunk of the house where the kitchen is going to be located (the only part I am working on) so I haven't drafted the whole house.  The dormer design is from the architectural designer, not me :-)

Thanks in advance, this is a head-scratcher for me.

SCKitchen+OddBaseboard.plan

I can!

Bear in mind, this is just the center chunk of the house where the kitchen is going to be located (the only part I am working on) so I haven't drafted the whole house.  The dormer design is from the architectural designer, not me :-)

Thanks in advance, this is a head-scratcher for me.

Those moldings are a result of the invisible wall and room created by the dormer.  Without spending too much time with it, I think the quickest solution is to select your kitchen room, click Make Room Molding Polyline and then suppress molding on those 2 edges. 

I had the baseboards like that show up for me in a similar situation. I just removed the baseboards and drew them manually around the room using a molding polyline. Maybe took a little longer but worked.

I had the baseboards like that show up for me in a similar situation. I just removed the baseboards and drew them manually around the room using a molding polyline. Maybe took a little longer but worked.

In the future, maybe consider selecting the room and then clicking the Make Room Molding Polyline tool if you run into a similar circumstance.  It will create that moulding around the room for you.  All you have to do is click Suppress Molding On Selected Edge where you want the molding removed. 

Sorry I disappeared for a while there.  I had quite a bit of difficulty logging in to the forum for some reason, kept getting an odd error message.

Anyway, I tried a couple of the suggestions and managed to eliminate the pesky baseboard once and for all.

Changing the height of the dormer then changing it back DID work, for what reason no one knows.  I also tried moving the dormer to the attic layer, which also worked - and that's the one I ultimately kept as it's more correct anyway. 

When I moved the dormer up I could see the invisible wall more clearly and somehow it had a pass-through in it (!) - no idea how that happened (random click I guess) but I deleted it and it cleaned everything right up.  Re: why the invisible wall - I had to use it to make the ceiling condition as shown, which is how the architectural designer designed the room so I had to stay faithful to that.

Much thanks to everyone for the speedy help!