Geothermal Heating/cooling Drawn On My Plans

Roger29975

I have completed the actual house, but this part of the plan is actually in the front yard, not in the house. It involves digging

a pit in the front of the yard about 8'x10'x 7' deep and laying down the first layer of closed loop plastic coil (I'll get the name of the tubing that goes in the ground) about 7' down, putting a 2' layer of dirt on top of that, putting the in-ground tubing through the house's foundation wall into the Furnace Room and hooking up to the appropriate furnace. 

Can you go this?

Roger

It is a bit difficult to follow just what you are asking for.  I take it that you are wanting to know if someone can draw the geothermal  loop design using Chief Architect?

I have never found the need to draw the actual ground installation, but I have worked with designing interior systems using both concrete and warm board products.

If you are determined to model the installation I would suggest using solids since they can provide you with volumes which may be of interest regarding materials estimations.  You can get the volume by running the material list.

If you are after modeling the tubing Chief as well as other programs can do that.

I agree with Rod

you could place some 2D items on the plan to show location of Geo system

then on the layout just add pics and specs from the vendors brochure or website

if you really need the 3D views Chief can probably do "something" to simulate the loops ???

Lew