San Francisco Bay Area Users

JJohnson

Hi Jere,

I've kind of considered it, but I seem to learn most when I work on a project and hit a problem and then read all I can find about it. When that doesn't help I ask this amazing crowd and that usually takes me through. I'm not sure a class sitting and following what someone else is doing on screen is compatible with the way my retention works. Not sure how these training sessions differ from the videos that are available on the site. I think I'm too advanced in some areas and of course a complete beginner on others. I don't know, perhaps it could be useful now that it is here instead of burning two days in Vegas.

I would love a more tailor made model where the class builds a house from scratch based on pictures I've brought of a building with some complicated features, roof lines, etc. 

I attended one of these classes after about 4 months of using the software. We were on X1 then. I found it very valuable at that point in my learning process. If you are proficient  with the program, you will definitely learn something in the class. The thing that about Chief Architect is that you don't know what you don't know until someone shows you a really easy way to do something.

I wish they were doing one of the specialty classes at the show like the Kitchen/Bath class.

I attended classes in San Diego a few years back. What was good about that was , you could ask any question you wanted, and get an answer back, kind of one

on one in the advanced course. You always get something out of it. I still do, except now it from the nice people here.

• 1 month later...

Interesting and fun to see other users and I've picked up some great tidbits and learned some good stuff. I must say though that the pace is quite frankly horrible at times. The knowledge range among the people of course varies, but if this is intermediate level training I would hate to go to a basic class (and I've only used it for 6 months). Hopefully there will be more 'meat' tomorrow.

• 5 months later...

This is a callout for beginning / intermediate users that need more education on Chief.

There is a drafting class offered next year 2015 at San Jose Community College in San Jose.

The title of the class is Construction 110 (Architect drawing and planning (code id 77857).

It starts January 31st and ends at May 16th). It meets on Saturday-hours 8:30-2:30 pm. under the

construction technology heading. The cost for the 3 unit class should be around $200.00.

Please spread the word out if you know people who are interested

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...