Strorfront Systems?

ACADuser

More & more I am using storefront systems but have issues.

I can set the frames to 2 " or Casings to 2" x 1/16 thick to represent the windows.

Then I overlap to simulate the 2"  partitions but you an not mull this unit.

The door, see attached, needs to have a 2 or 3 inch border plus a 2' frame, how do you achieve his with glass panel?

Back in a few hours.

Thanks

post-2435-0-51073800-1456678917_thumb.png

Just a word of advice, you are showing trimmed frame - which isn't how these systems look.  The devils of commercial work is in matching what you draw to a real window manufacture - what their window extrudes look like.

If this is just concept work - at least eliminate the casing and size the window frame accordingly.

Here is a quick example of what they would kinda look like (this would be good enough for presentation - but again try to match RL manufacture, as often the middle frame sections aren't wider than the outer ones):

post-75-0-62318100-1456690955_thumb.jpg

Thanks Perry I'll give that a try.

Johnny that is the look I need.

Mine are 2" casings 1/16 wide and windows overlap by 2". Is that what you are doing?

Get rid of the casings - set the frame to the width and depth you need.  Obviously no sash either.

The big problem with Chief right now and duplicating this is that you cannot size the frame differently on each side.  Since you are placing 2+ windows side-by-side to mimic the combined visual, it leaves either the center frame too wide or the side too narrow.  Alternatively, you can size the overall window and place poly solids to replicate the middle frame sections.

However, in commercial work you need to be ultra-accurate in frame/door sizing.  That is why getting the actual manufacture details and using correct sizes are important.

http://is0.gaslightmedia.com/wojanwindowdoorcorporation/CKImage/is16-1309551703-21596.png

I don't think Chief is really made for commercial work (Con doc's) so you would have to do some workarounds.

Yep,  I keep thinking there is AN EASY SOLUTION,  but there isn't.  There are workarounds,  but so what.  We like things simple so we don't have to think as much.

• 4 months later...

Hi Guys,

Deedee with Chief Architect Training here.  I got it pretty close.  A few work-arounds with polyline solids and I have one small issue with a pony wall here still trying to figure out but it looks pretty good if I do say so myself.  :D  Give me a call if you want to learn how.

800-482-4433 Ext 3323

post-136-0-66680500-1467843912_thumb.png

post-136-0-35307800-1467843921_thumb.png

post-136-0-89373300-1467843933_thumb.png

post-136-0-47643800-1467843940_thumb.jpg

Hi Guys,

Deedee with Chief Architect Training here.  I got it pretty close.  A few work-arounds with polyline solids and I have one small issue with a pony wall here still trying to figure out but it looks pretty good if I do say so myself.  :D  Give me a call if you want to learn how.

800-482-4433 Ext 3323

Good job Deedee, looks great. though not sure the time it took you to get those details.