Compressing Text

TennVol

It would be great if within a text box you could mix different font styles, size and attributes. Currently a text box can only be a single format. If I whish to have a Bolded heading I have to create another text box for the heading and float it above. Text boxes should be like a mini Notepad editor.

Graham

post-441-0-42153300-1456605665_thumb.jpg

It would be great if within a text box you could mix different font styles, size and attributes. Currently a text box can only be a single format. If I whish to have a Bolded heading I have to create another text box for the heading and float it above. Text boxes should be like a mini Notepad editor.

Graham

Graham, unless I am missing something you are referring to we can do this now. The attached screenshop was done in X7 in a Rich Text box. All different fonts, sizes, bold, underline in the same box.

Mike

Thanks for all the responses. It appears that I would have to select a font that is compressed already and make it the default to apply it globally.  Selecting and adjusting each dimension would be a huge time suck. It's a house with 3 floors and a boatload of corners. Oh well,.  Glad I asked though, it'll save a lot of time trying to figure it out on my own. 

• 6 months later...

Sorry to be a little late with this but maybe for the next time you will have the option of cad blocking a problem area of text and using the Width Factor Settings in the Cad Block Specification DBX under the General tab to Stretch or Compress (scale) a particular font or text situation that is a problem without effecting the height of the text. Do not try to rotate scaled Cad Blocked Text until tech support gets this problem fixed you can export to PNG with transparent background and re import then rotate.