Changing roof fascia color changed windows but not fascia :)

Nicinus

I'm embarrassed to ask yet another obvious rookie thing so shortly after my other question, but this is really weird to me.

I want another color than white for the fascia, but when I do I'm informed that the material painter can't be used with auto rebuild, and I'm given the options to either change the default roof material, or turn off auto rebuild. I chose the former. However, when I do all windows and the exterior door changed, but not the fascia? Do windows share default material with roofs? And even if so, why won't the fascia adapt?

So I thought I was smart and changed the roof material color in the default settings to the new color, given that it seems to refer to the active defaults when using auto rebuild. However, this did not make any difference. Is there an annotation set involved here?

Here is a tip,  create a new material called fascia.  Now go into the BUILD ROOF<MATERIALS<FASCIA and change the fascia material to the new material that you just created called fascia.  That should take care of the fascia issue.

Along the same lines,  I have a material called DOOR INT.,  all interior doors use this material,  I can easily change what the DOOR INT. material looks like and it will change all door materials.  I do the same with windows,  I have a material called WINDOWS 1,  I have another called DOOR 1  (front door),  another called DOOR 4 (garage door),  get the idea?

Name the material the same name as what that material is used for,  saves a lot of confusion.

Before changing color brand I decided to try once more and change the default settings and this time it actually worked with the fascia! I'm still confused as to why all the windows and the exterior door changed color as well earlier though, and the windows doesn't seem to want to be changed the same way even though there is a default setting for it? Is the difference that a roof rebuild resets everything related to roofs, but for windows they have to be changed one by one afterwards? The default setting only applies at creation when it comes to windows?