Shelves Shpwing Through Door In Vector View, Flat Panel Doors

Dennis_Gavin

WOW, good catch Gavin Dennis.

Yes, CA, please look into this.

...and make sure to submit it to tech support. I'm pretty sure the reason a lot of issues never get addressed is because we all assume somebody else is going to report it or that posting here in the forum is somehow gonna fix it (which of course it probably won't).

I set the default shelf depth for all my templates back,(and all in user library) which helps make less work to fix.

Haven't run into the corner cabinet thing, will check into it. When at machine.

Did you try changing to custom front? Think in x8 the shelves are grayed out if it remains default front?

I'm with you Dennis- back at machine.

I see that shelves can't be set on corners. Setting them before changing to corner cabinet has no effect on the shelf depth of the final corner cabinet.

Tested several flat panels (framed doors from drop down, custom doors with 1/8, 1/4. 3/8 thick panels) all the same result-

I have not been able to get shelves to show through corner cabinet door in overlay. (guessing here but you are using overlay correct?) Not sure what the difference is with what you have and what I did so I got nuttin for ya, sorry. (post the plan?)

I stand corrected- just managed to get them to show using perspective floor overview. From pretty high so not something I often do. Would be nice for those of you who do need that kind of view that shelves could simply be turned off in the ALDO. I doubt most building folks are going to muck with changing shelf defaults.

I CAN get them to show through (in really extreme POV) using inset cabinets. I'd guess there are camera placements that may be worse than others.

The shelf thing has been reported in the past- response was something about Z fighting and the gist was nothing was likely to happen. That being the case I changed my defaults.

Guess the reason I haven't run into this lately is all of my base corners don't have shelves since I always place a susan, and I rarely use diagonal wall corner cabinets.

More of a problem for me (and why I'm guessing you are using overlay since you don't mention it) is how a pie cut corner cabinet shows if using Inset.

Chief adds two extra stiles to the center-nothing like reality-top is Chiefs, bottom is work around.

post-85-0-50298100-1456500785_thumb.jpg

THe cabinet is a susan.  THe real problem comes in vector view.  In std render view

the problem is z fighting.  I sometimes like vector view for quick and easy view with clean lines.

THe std render view can often look a little hazy.  No cabinet door panel definition or should I say little.

I believe you guys, but for what its worth I wasn't able to recreate the problem on my system.  Even tried pulling the plan WAY far from 0,0 and still couldn't get shelves to show through. 

Admittedly it comes and goes,  but I do see it.

post-50-0-01308600-1456515368_thumb.png