Convert Imported Furniture Cad Block In X8

Evolution

A project I'm working on for my day job, I have imported the cad blocks of furniture for the admin area I was attempting to use for a 3D model to present to the client, whom wished not only to see the offices but the exact furnishings that we would be providing. Attempts to get the 3D to show the furniture not working, and I am a little behind the 8-ball trying to determine if it is even possible to convert the Cad block into a usable Chief 3D image? Both plans won't attach at the same time so I posted the cad of the floor plan and a second post may allow me to post the Furniture cad blocks.

HF MHS Admin offices.plan

What everyone else is saying is key - the person you got this file from simply exported 2d (which may be all they have).  You should just start placing your own furniture - unless they are using a particular brand of office furniture.  Then you will have a lot of work in front of you if that company doesn't provide their system in 3D.

Jon and Mark, they sent me the CAD file first (I imported w/all cad blocks, maybe I should have turned them off) anyway, the Furniture sent the Furniture she said it was the 3D cad block but it doesn't import that way? I don't need anything but her furniture for what I'm currently task with.  And, Mark, for whatever reason when I attempt to attach the furniture cad block using browse, it won't let me even select that file although it is saved in X8. I may have to down load the original to a thumb drive and then do the browse, I don't know.

Thanks,

Did you just drag them in?

If you drag in 3D files they come in as 2D blocks AFAIK. There are quite a few cad blocks in your plan (go to CAD block management)

If you want them as 3D -import as symbol.

Thanks Mark. I've had to table it for now, and by the time I get back to it, probably won't need it. I will keep it to work on later (when I do get the time). Thankfully this is not a mandate from the client. Ha!