Johnny's Modern Stair Tip

yusuf-333

In case anyone has trouble with Yusuf's video, the method he used was an extra set of narrow stairs for the stringers.  You can then suppress the handrail on the main stair and make the risers/trim on the thin stair different from the risers on the main stair.

IMO, this works best with "Closed Stringers " but even with an "Open Stringer" it works very well.

In case anyone has trouble with Yusuf's video, the method he used was an extra set of narrow stairs for the stringers. You can then suppress the handrail on the main stair and make the risers/trim on the thin stair different from the risers on the main stair.

IMO, this works best with "Closed Stringers " but even with an "Open Stringer" it works very well.

Thanks Joe, for clarifying the gist of what I was trying to teach. Thanks again for taking the time to help.

One more important note is that, chief doesn't let us draw stairs having a width less than 50mm, so the last minute of the video explains how to trick it by snapping a landing with smaller width of 20mm.

Thanks Joe, for clarifying the gist of what I was trying to teach. Thanks again for taking the time to help.

One more important note is that, chief doesn't let us draw stairs having a width less than 50mm, so the last minute of the video explains how to trick it by snapping a landing with smaller width of 20mm.

Right, with Imperial Units it's a 2" minimum width.

Right, with Imperial Units it's a 2" minimum width.

Thanks Joe, I will always need your help in so many ways, because you are one of the role models here, when it comes to creativity. and every one in chief talk owes you a lot. You have been teaching us all the time.

Great tip Yusuf, we could also use this method for exposed stringers.

Thank you Michael.