Circles

Geyatautsilvsgi

That is what my computer and brain both are doing. I do try to check other folks questions here as well as other online options regarding certain issues that are similar to one that I am having before posting here.  So that being said, has anyone had problems with a simple "final render" NOT raytrace taking "FOREVER to finish? I tried  a sample raytrace today and bam, my system it kicked it out so fast it was incredible, BUT anytime I try to do a basic final render it bogs down my whole system. I don't have anything else open and it still takes such a long time. I've looked at all my options till my head is spinning and my computer is still spinning away. This doesn't make sense. No "shadows", not much smoothing...just basic. It t...a...k...e...s.. soooo....l...o...n...g...

Any suggestions?  In them the meantime I am going to try and shut my computer down and restart. Thanks.

There is the button which has the option of "final" which is a nicer looking version of the basic view, probably the one you are talking about,then there is the other button for raytrace. I was just trying to get a final view not the raytrace. Like I said, I did a raytrace eatlier that went really fast, but the final view takes forever. In fact it locks up my system every time. I guess i just need to not use it.