Editing Ceiling Planes

Paul61

I need to create a series of triangular ceiling planes.  What I can't figure out is how to make one from the rectangular plane, or to create a triangular plane directly.  I can use break line on the edges, but can't delete a point.  I tried using edit object parts to delete a segment and then connect the remaining edges but it does not work on ceiling planes.  Am I missing something very basic like the ability to delete a vertex of a polyline object?

I need to create a series of triangular ceiling planes. What I can't figure out is how to make one from the rectangular plane, or to create a triangular plane directly. I can use break line on the edges, but can't delete a point. I tried using edit object parts to delete a segment and then connect the remaining edges but it does not work on ceiling planes. Am I missing something very basic like the ability to delete a vertex of a polyline object?

You should be able to just drag one of the nodes over to the other and it will essentially be deleted.

Have you tried dragging the triangle grab handles of the "point" you want to delete into a point you want to keep?

Here is a quick example. Does this answer the question?

(Alaska answered as I was making this vid - but he is thinking the same thing, but this is a quick demo)