Layout Numbering Question

HumbleChief

I do mostly remodels and am creating a new Layout template and have a couple of pages that will be used only for plans that require them i.e. second floor existing and second floor proposed pages only for, yes, plans that have a second floor. 

I am using the auto page numbering symbol # in the Label field of the Layout Page Information dbx and everything auto numbers fine but let's say I have a page 3 titled 'First floor existing' and a page 4 titled 'Second floor existing' but it's only a single story house. I choose to not send the Second floor existing page 4 to the Layout Table because it won't be used on this one story house but now the table jumps numbers from 3 to 5.

Logical, because page 4 is not being sent to the Layout.

Question. Is there a way to get the pages to stay in sequence even with a page not being sent to the Layout Table? In other words if I choose not to send page 4 I would like page 5 to be renumbered to page 4 since page 4 is not being sent to the Layout table.

Is there a way to do this?

If you use template layout sheets, you can just delete any pages you don't want in that layout. I have my template layout with all the sheets I will need ,then just delete the ones you don't want. The pages will re-number themselves. If you need to add sheets, right click on the layout page and add a sheet before or after that sheet. Very easy. For the next project you just start with all the sheets in a layout again by using templates.

If you use template layout sheets, you can just delete any pages you don't want in that layout. I have my template layout with all the sheets I will need ,then just delete the ones you don't want. The pages will re-number themselves. If you need to add sheets, right click on the layout page and add a sheet before or after that sheet. Very easy. For the next project you just start with all the sheets in a layout again by using templates.

Thanks Perry, I'll most likely use something just like that, either move them around or delete them.

You also work for different builders correct? And use their logo on their Layout as well? Do you keep a separate Layout for each or turn on/off Layers in a single Layout to show their logo and information. I like that second idea, I'm going to set that up and see if it will work.

........ or turn on/off Layers in a single Layout to show their logo and information. I like that second idea, I'm going to set that up and see if it will work.

If you  think about it,  and I did vids on this,  if you have a separate ANNO SET in LAYOUT  (I SAID LAYOUT),  for each builder,  and if you have a separate LAYER SET for each builder IN LAYOUT,  and since ANNO SETS are king,  select the correct anno set in layout,  this will trigger the correct layer set that has the correct layers predefined for a particular builder.

I have been doing it this way for years now,  I think Perry does something similar.

And this is another reason I use the SAM in lieu of template Method.  The latest layout will have the correct anno sets etc. in layout for the newest builder.

And this is another reason I use the SAM in lieu of template Method. The latest layout will have the correct anno sets etc. in layout for the newest builder.

This works for the template also. You just need to add it there when it arises, as you think about it. set it up once and done

And yes, I do it that way too.

If you  think about it,  and I did vids on this,  if you have a separate ANNO SET in LAYOUT  (I SAID LAYOUT),  for each builder,  and if you have a separate LAYER SET for each builder IN LAYOUT,  and since ANNO SETS are king,  select the correct anno set in layout,  this will trigger the correct layer set that has the correct layers predefined for a particular builder.

I have been doing it this way for years now,  I think Perry does something similar.

And this is another reason I use the SAM in lieu of template Method.  The latest layout will have the correct anno sets etc. in layout for the newest builder.

I never knew there was such a thing as ANNO Sets in Layout - Sheesh - it only took a few minutes to set up each builder Anno Set now I want to set up City and County Anno Sets.