Line Weight When Printing

RGWhite

Hard to tell what exactly you are doing, Most details like that are done in a cad detail box and not in the floor plan view. I guess you could just make your lines larger, by weight, to maybe 21 or 25. If you print in color just remember to keep your colors on the dark side. There is a setting in the preferences , Color off is black and white or grayscale, try changing that to get what you want also. I can't check your preferences b/c when I load your plan , my preferences are used and not yours. Are you just using Chief to draw details ?

I use the line weight of 18 on the default cad and it looks great on the screen but when I print all looks faded or gray.  See attached plan:

I just tested it to see what happens and I get the same results as you when printing directly from plan.   Most of us never print directly from plan though.  Send to layout first and then print from there and you shouldn't have the same issue. 

Thanks everyone for the replies.  One interesting observation that I made was when I reduced the drawing to fit the sheet (8x11) it was a gray tone, but when I drew random cad lines/boxes and printed from plan view (full scale) I did not get the gray tones.  Odd?