Camera Blackout

Geyatautsilvsgi

Ok, guys, I need some help here. For some reason my camera views all blackout now. I have not changed, much less messed with my camera at all and yet now, for the past few days every time I try to do just a standard or final view of any type of camera shot, the result in the new window is a black screen. I wait and nothing changes. I have not tried any ray tracing since I've upgraded, just standard camera shots. Everything was ok, until earlier this week.  I have tried the help and looked through the forums, but nothing like what I am experiencing is coming up as having been a problem. Any suggestions? Thanks.

J

You mention having just upgraded, is this to X8? Also, do you have a discrete graphics card or is it integrated in the CPU? Does this only happen in Standard Camera View or in all camera view types (vector, glass house, etc) ?

I know there are some issues with integrated graphics and X8. X7 had some problems when launched but was fixed fairly rapidly.

Graham

I also have this issue when i try to send views to layout with legacy shadows turned on. Shadows work fine in camera view then when i send to layout i get an error message saying that my video card is insufficient. Then when i go back to the camera view it is all black. By turning off legacy shadows and reopening the camera view it comes back to normal.

Dom 

I upgraded from X6 to X7 last  year etc. Everything has been working fine. I was able to do all the standard/final renderings from the camera. Have not attempted any ray tracing yet (with this ver) Just last week/early this week noticed my screen would go black everytime I tried to do a camera view. I can do an orthographic view without a problem, "doll house" and any other view, but just using my camera to take any kind of interior shot or shot from the outside results in a total blackout. I am thinking it has something to do with my camera settings. What ...I don't know, havn't been messing with it. So I am at a loss. :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...