Stanley Measuring Devices

chief58

I have seen this tool and been reading about it, seems like it would be a very useful item to have for doing measuring of an existing residence to bring to the office for drawing as build in Chief.

So I was wondering if anyone else has seen or used one of these before investing in one http://www.stanleytools.com/en-us/explore/stanley-mobile-apps/stanley-smart-measure-pro?utm_source=GmailTargeting&utm_medium=Gmail&utm_content=Stanley-Smart-Measure-Pro_Banner_580x400_12.1.15-1.31.15&utm_campaign=Paid_SmartMeasurePro&gclid=CLqZnpqx98oCFUYehgodATkH3A

Thank you

DMDesigns,   FYI.... I went to Chief Tudor and clicked on Patricia's link and my virus protection shut my computer down. Scared the pee out of me. I just watched a story on national news regarding Ransomware. I had to Ctrl+Alt+Del to get into Task Manager to close the browser after turning my computer back on. 

JK

I will let you know in about 4 days - Amazon Baby..!

David how much was it on Amazon I see it for $ 103.00 on Lowes site, I will have to look at Amazon, let us know how it works for you sounds like a good investment if it works like it says

back in 2005 I bought the Disto Plus for $700

sometime after that the $100 versions came out from other vendors

since I never used most of the features of mine

I suspect it be fine for your needs

I loved using mine to measure houses and could do so by myself

Lew

DMDesigns,   FYI.... I went to Chief Tudor and clicked on Patricia's link and my virus protection shut my computer down. Scared the pee out of me. I just watched a story on national news regarding Ransomware. I had to Ctrl+Alt+Del to get into Task Manager to close the browser after turning my computer back on. 

JK

OMGosh! Glad you stopped it in time.. 

Can you tell me which page this happened on? 

I am about to delete the ENTIRE SITE actually and change it. All new videos and all new content. So if there is some sort of malware on it, wont be for long. 

post-637-0-49754700-1455908520_thumb.jpg

David how much was it on Amazon I see it for $ 103.00 on Lowes site, I will have to look at Amazon, let us know how it works for you sounds like a good investment if it works like it says

Guess I got measured - $110.00 free shipping with prime and free return if it blows..!  :rolleyes: 

I will let you all know how it works. I have used many app's that claim they can do the same, but they are never accurate.. 

David, It was a link about Using Materials by Patricia Abood. I've watched her videos before with no problem. Right when I clicked on the link all sorts of fire works started going off. I couldn't "X" out of the browser so I Ctrl+Alt+Del to exit out in Task Manager. I did a full system virus scan and said a prayer and everything seems to be good. Her website has also gone away and I don't know what she is doing these days.

My Dad clicked on an email from one of his buddies and he got hit by the Ransom Ware guys. I told him to just go and buy a new laptop and quit being so click happy. The bad guys wanted $500.00 for the key to unlock a laptop maybe worth $100.00.

Thanks,

Jerry the K.

• 2 weeks later...

The Stanley tool, not so hot.. Already sent it back. 

Funny enough the tool needs an APP to make it all run. 

I had played with apps over the years like CamMeasure, EasyMeasure, and so on, still all lacking compared to a simple laser measuring tool like the BOSCH GLR825 or the PD42 Hilti. Those are the best..!

I'm a Leica girl myself; mine is a few years old but still runs like a top.

I don't plan on having any auto-input of dimensions (through an app or Bluetooth or however) until one is developed with technology that is virtually flawless. 

There's nothing more devastating (and time-wasting) than working from the wrong dimensions; for now, I prefer to sketch, measure and hand write as always.