Extermely Long Save Time X7 (Very Annoying!)

Jarr3tt88

Hello,

I'm hoping someone might be able to help me. I've been using chief for many years mostly on X2. I recently upgraded to X7 and I love all the additions since. My biggest problem is the save times. They are getting ridiculous! I have to wait almost a full 2 minutes every time I save, and these files are not even that large. They are about the same size as any project I've done on X2.

So I was wondering, am I alone on this issue? Or is there others that experience this? Its not any file in particular, its all files. When I save in AutoCAD, it is seconds, now chief takes minutes and it kills my workflow.

My computer specs are top shelf, so there should be no reason to take more than a couple of seconds to save these files. I really hope someone can shed some light!

Thank you in advance!

My computer specs

Windows 10 64-bit

AMD FX 9590 4.7ghZ 8-core processor

32GB RAM

GeForce GTX 960

Hey thanks guys, I needed to call support on another issue, so I asked them about this. The "problem" is saving on a network HDD Personal Cloud. It went to instant saves on my desktop, so I guess I have to save there, then move to the network afterwards...Just incase anyone else has that issue. You can't save to the network with files unless you want extremely long save times.

It makes no sense, because every other program I use (including AutoCAD) saves instantly. Annoying, but what can I do, nothing until they fix this issue hopefully.

Thanks again for the help!

Good to know.  I was considering using OneDrive.  Thank you

What I really like about is that it's baked right into Windows. The OneDrive folder and subfolders all show up in explorer the same as all other files. As such all programs recognize this folder for regular saving, file retrieval, searches and the likes. All other devices, including my Windows phone, update seamlessly no matter which device you are using. You can also control which files are shared with different devices, very useful if you have say a tablet with limited storage. Best to give it a try along with some of the other cloud ones like DropBox and see which suits you best.

Graham

• Upvote 1