Using Macros In Labels With Schedule Callouts (X8 It Works)

Joe_Carrick

In X8 it works.  The macros are executed even if you use Callouts for the Labels.

In X7 that wasn't the case.  The macros would only execute if the Callouts were NOT used as Labels.

THANK YOU CA.   Now if we could just get the Text Label and the Callout to both display.  We could actually have the Header Label as text and the Schedule Callout at the same time.

Bernie,

One place where it's handy is in my "Openings" macro package.  I have a macro that I place in the Label of all Exterior Doors and Windows.  This macro collects the areas and other data of each opening and stores them in a Global Array.  Other macros read that Array to calculate and display totals, etc.  In order for it to work, there needs to be a Door Schedule and a Window Schedule, with "Group Similar Objects" unchecked.

When the macro is used in X7 it only works when "Use Callout for Label" is unchecked. 

When the macro is used in X8 it works when "Use Callout for Label" is checked or unchecked. 

Basically, using any macro in a Label of an object with a Schedule would only execute in X7 if "Use Callout for Label" was unchecked. 

That problem has been fixed in X8, so you can now put macros in Labels of Doors, Windows, Cabinets, Appliances, Fixtures, Framing, Furniture, Plants and Electrical - and be assured that they will execute even if you are using Callouts.

This is a little convoluted, and probably worse than referenced macros, but you can have the callout, and the macro display by copying each window in place, and telling the copy that it is not included in the schedule.

Ultimately this could result in a mess, but just fun to play with.

post-62-0-36852200-1456272759_thumb.jpg

This is a little convoluted, and probably worse than referenced macros, but you can have the callout, and the macro display by copying each window in place, and telling the copy that it is not included in the schedule.

Ultimately this could result in a mess, but just fun to play with.

Bill,

I would never do that.  IAE, with X8 it's no longer a problem.  In addition, since we now have Labels for Polylines there is only one Chief Object that I can think of that still needs to use a "referenced macro" because it doesn't have a Label - STAIRS.