Gap At Lintel For Tile/stone Exterior Walls

AxelRose

Hi all,

I have a plan with ICF exterior walls with a thin stone tile facing.  Whenever I use a stone material in Chief for an exterior wall, there are large gaps between exterior doors and door lintel area.  If I change the exterior material to stucco for example, the gap disappears automatically.  Is there a way to eliminate this gap in the first place for my stone material?

Thanks!

post-9981-0-17968100-1455659930_thumb.png

Plan is attached.  The door in question is the sliding door in the kitchen.

attachicon.gifPLAN.zip

Well,  ain't I a pistol,  check your ROUGH OPENING SIZES,....  ZERO out the  rough opening and it should look better...  I ain't saying it's perfect,  but it is better.......

Suppose the wall was wood framing and you had a 3" rough opening?   Would you have the same problem...  I don't think so  because the EXTERIOR FINISH magically covers the gap....  at least I think so...

bottom line,  for your situation,   change the   ROUGH OPENING for the SGD.

post-50-0-52670000-1455741545_thumb.png

Play with your window ROUGH OPENING SIZES.  You  chose 1/2",  if you look closely,  you will see a gap between your window and your block wall...  change the RO to zero and see how that changes the model.

RO for block walls  behave differently than RO's for framing....  at  least I think so.

Not at my computer to check, but does the wall definition have properly defined interior and exterior layers?

This is the real problem. Simply move the stone layer in your wall def out of the main layer category up to the exterior layer category.

post-95-0-84244200-1455742863_thumb.png

• Upvote 1