Break Line Tool

timmy123

• 2 weeks later...

That works in X7, but not in X8. There is a new command called Complete Break, but I can't get it to work. According to the manual, you select your line, hit the Break icon, then the Complete Break icon, but the Complete Break icon does not appear anywhere to click. I have Break on a hotkey, and in X7 could just click it twice to make a complete break. I tried assigning a hot key to Complete Break, but it does not work. Time for a bug report.

Update: I tried to break my line using the icon instead of my hotkey, the complete break icon appeared, I clicked it, and got an assertion failure. Yipes! Sent it in.

Until you get that sorted out, there are other methods.  2 that come to mind...

1.  Place a break, select one of the segments, and then click the Disconnect Selected Edge tool. It should now behave like a complete break. 

2.  Place a break and then toggle Connect CAD Segments off.  It should also behave like a complete break. 

• 1 month later...

I have a rectangular polygon, in plan view, which I am unable to edit using either the hotkey or the break tool (v.18).  This is a new plan with little work done on it.  Initially I was able to make several breaks and then the tool quit working.  I started a new plan and the tool works, in the same environment, as it is supposed to do.  I went back to my original plan, which had a .png template on a separate layer.  I deleted the template file from the plan and the tool works?????

I have reported it, but just wondering if anyone has had similar experiences.

Double clicking the breakline tool will produce a break at an edit handle. If you go through the edit object parts tool, which i pin to a tool bar using the tool menu>customize toolbars (which give you a list of tools you can then drag and drop on your tool bar) when doing a lot of CAD, it will "explode" anything you select. This can be bothersome if you arent on top of it, and undo's are useful (cntrl z) if you disconnect things you dont want to disconnect.

also, section lines can be locked, ect ect. try selecting what you want. Use the "enter" key, which will toggle through nearby objects. If what you are trying to alter doesnt highlight, its locked, and theres nothing to do but go through your layer display and find it. 

• 3 years later...

I am running Chief Architect Premier X10 and I think I had the problem you described when using the copy concentric tool to create a property line setback polylines.  I selected the polyline then selected the "Convert to Plain Polylines" tool from the Edit Toolbar.  Once the polyline was converted the menu presented the "complete break" option.   Note: I think the "Convert to Plain Polylines" option only appears when a polyline is selected that is not a plain polyline.