Why Won't Mirrors Display In Elevation, Cross Section Views?

conwaynorth1

...They won't reflect anything - obviously...

Never tried it until just now, but I'm not sure why this is "obvious".  Why wouldn't reflections display when using the standard rendering technique?  It doesn't actually make a lot of sense to me.  I can see maybe no reflections for items behind the camera, but why no reflections for peripheral objects?  If for example I take a cross section view at an angle to the mirror, it really doesn't make sense why there would be no reflections. 

Never tried it until just now, but I'm not sure why this is "obvious".  Why wouldn't reflections display when using the standard rendering technique?  It doesn't actually make a lot of sense to me.  I can see maybe no reflections for items behind the camera, but why no reflections for peripheral objects?  If for example I take a cross section view at an angle to the mirror, it really doesn't make sense why there would be no reflections. 

Until you posted your reply, I'd never viewed a wall elevation or cross-section in anything other than Vector. It had never occurred to me that the other rendering styles were available in an elevation or cross-section. So, I feel pretty stupid. But to your point - I suspect CA didn't implement reflections in an elevation or cross-section because they would be of little value (IMO).