Having Issues Trying To Create An Auto Cad Cross Section

DakotaContractor

I am trying to create a CAD cross section of the structure for the plan drawings. I was able to locate the how-to article in the knowledge base of how to supposedly do this, however, when I do a "backflipped cross section I get a blank screen even with every layer turned on. And when I do a regular cross section my foundation and footings don't show up (even with layer turned on). Attached an example of what I'm essentially trying to create (courtesy of CA's knowledge base). As well as the closest I've gotten my cross-section view to appear to, which also shows the footing/foundation issue I'm describing. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

post-5277-0-41879600-1455559285_thumb.jpg

post-5277-0-35024200-1455559382_thumb.jpg

AHA! I couldn't find the specific place you screen shot Alan, with the red + signs etc. But it got me exploring further into buttons I'd never even clicked or noticed before LOL. I clicked Layer Set Control by way of the little gear icon at the bottom of the Active Layer Display Options. Scrolled down to Walls, Foundation, box checked, and TADA! Thanks guys!

Now to get closer to the representation I attached in my OP do I just hide the interior walls and outside foundation wall so they don't show in the cross section?

post-5277-0-72243600-1455568220_thumb.jpg