Under Cabinet Lighting & Soffit Issue

SketchArchitect

Go to solution Solved by Dennis_Gavin,

Have not looked at the plan but there are times when the fixtures do not properly locate. You can open up the light fixtures DBX and set the ceiling offset or in an elevation view drag the fixture down to the underside of the cabinet. Also, there are two types of fixtures in the catalog, ceiling mount and cabinet mount.

Graham

Found the puck light!  Thank you.  The last two settings you mention are not something I can find... I'm on X7...  where do I find Custom Light level and auto intensity check box?

also... I've placed the lights below cabinet and there is no light source showing.. but when I move it out to float in front of cab, there is light... ???

Found the puck light!  Thank you.  The last two settings you mention are not something I can find... I'm on X7...  where do I find Custom Light level and auto intensity check box?

also... I've placed the lights below cabinet and there is no light source showing.. but when I move it out to float in front of cab, there is light... ???

UPDATE:  I didn't realize the puck light would attach to the under cabinet.  i got light just fine after i let the program do it's thing...    however...  I still do not see the last two settings.

I use a custom Intensity of 5% - 11%, white light, and an offset from fixture from 1" - 2" when using under cab pucks.

jon

Thank you!  The Screen Print got me what I needed... those tweaks brought it all together.  

post-7886-0-39939500-1455486177_thumb.png

As an aside...  did you notice the opening to the left of the fridge?   Cant seem to find a solid filler that works... any thoughts?

What are you using in that location now? I would typically build that out of a single cabinet. Left and right frame/stile widths set accordingly.

I'm using a filler:

post-7886-0-46958000-1455560687_thumb.png

But it doesn't provide a panel behind the filler...

I shot the Ray Trace straight on, so you can't see that detail.  The Fridge model I have to use is a cabinet depth, not a built in. So I can't implement what you suggested above.

Stu

"The Fridge model I have to use is a cabinet depth, not a built in. So I can't implement what you suggested above."

Why not?

OK... show off ;)   let me restate...   I tried to place the cabinet depth fridge into a cabinet and it just sat in front of the cabinet...   are you saying Configure the cabinet with an opening and then insert?  I'll look at that while I await your approach.

you can also use full height cabinet set to 3/4, 1 1/2, 3 wide delete all the doors openings and shelves and just have one

blank area. Set to height you need.  Add crown as wanted.  Basically a refrigerator end panel. Slap up against each side of

cabinet over fridge.

You can easily do this by opening the filler you already created and just unchecking "filler".

• 1 month later...

Thanks to everybody who posted on this thread. I've always had a hard time trying to find a good setting for under cabinet pucks. This thread was perfect, to the point and right on. The settings mentioned are perfect. Knowledge is a wonderful thing.