Riddle Me This - Live Elevation Bug

Gawdzira

So, I am ready to pull my hair out but unfortunately there is no hair available. Therefore I try another troubleshooting method. I ask myself, "Self, one of these things is not like the other, why?"

If you send a layout box and have it update on demand, you might get the shrunken head effect that shows in image one. Image two, or as I like to call it "I could kiss you Self" shows that if all the layout boxes are set to "Update Always" all will be well in the universe (unless you live in fear of gravitational ripples from black holes)

Image One

post-170-0-61601400-1455410989_thumb.jpg

Image Two

post-170-0-70620500-1455411040_thumb.jpg

I personally haven't switched to X8 yet for producing plans (only been messing around to get a feel for it) so I haven't run into the issue you speak of. I do however know that at least a couple other users have submit tickets for the problem you've mentioned. Hopefully they'll have it fixed here with the next release.

Not sure what's going on but I never see that, and never use Chief's pdf's. I use Adobe. Chief's built in PDF's also generate huge files as compared to Adobe. Printing to PDF of any brand has also gotten much slower with the X8 release.

Yes I saw that the other day with one elevation only, was in a hurry to get plan set out so just made them all line drawings. Have not had a chance to go back and see what was causing it.

I have found the public beta to be way more unstable than the earlier releases, but nothing so far that I can consisantly reproduce to enable a bug report.

Not sure what's going on but I never see that, and never use Chief's pdf's. I use Adobe. Chief's built in PDF's also generate huge files as compared to Adobe. Printing to PDF of any brand has also gotten much slower with the X8 release.

Like Perry I use Adobe's PDF creator.  If I am not mistaken, windows 10 has its own PDF creator as well (Microsoft Print to PDF).  You might try that and see what happens.

I have tested it a few times. Here is the file(s) if anyone can test this with the native Adobe printer but I don't think this is a pdf issue. I tried with the CA print to PDF, PDFill, and Foxit PDF. The Achiles heel in this appears to be when the elevation is set to "Update on Demand". The elevations are on page 4 of the layout.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/911uud488m4cnqo/BU%20for%20Issue%20Viz.zip?dl=0

I have tested it a few times. Here is the file(s) if anyone can test this with the native Adobe printer but I don't think this is a pdf issue. I tried with the CA print to PDF, PDFill, and Foxit PDF. The Achiles heel in this appears to be when the elevation is set to "Update on Demand". The elevations are on page 4 of the layout.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/911uud488m4cnqo/BU%20for%20Issue%20Viz.zip?dl=0

My problems happened with update always - just sayin'.