How Do You Override A Library Object's Bounding Box Limits For Placement?

Fun2Learn

Go to solution Solved by Alaskan_Son,

Hi. This is probably a dumb question, but I can't seem to get library items to stay in place if the bounding box is interfering with placement, even while using the control key. For instance, right now I am trying to nudge a corner hutch from the furniture library into a corner, but every time I let go of the control key, it pops back out. The bounding box corners protrude way past the angled sides of this corner hutch. I have been having this problem more and more lately with various library items for some reason.  I've searched for answers but can't find any. I am using X7. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Phyllis

Thank you so, so much Michael and MarkMc!!! I tried to mark both answers as "best answer" but Chief will only let me do one! I never realized that you had to let go of the mouse button first--I think I was letting go of the control key first! It worked like a charm, as they say!!

I also didn't realize that the bumping toggle controlled the bounding box stop, etc., Mark, so that is really good to know. I tried that and it went in place even more smoothly.

Good to know about changing the bounding box size (I couldn't remember where that was controlled, so thanks for the reminder, Michael), however, in this case, because of the angles, it wouldn't work well, unless it would be possible to rotate the bounding box 90 degrees!

Thanks so much.

Phyllis

Michael, you can have bumping pushing on for mouse movement so it controls but off for typing, it's in preferences

You are correct, and your solution was a good one, however point to point and transform/replicate work no matter what your bumping/pushing settings are and if bumping and pushing is toggled off entirely, bounding box becomes irrelevant. 

Never said to toggle off completely.

Yes.  I realize that.  I guess my point was that the bumping and pushing settings you mentioned make no difference with regard to using Point To Point Move or Transform/Replicate.  Toggling bumping/pushing off however DOES offer an alternative solution to the bounding box issue.