pdf layout printing problem

Mainspace

Hi all

I have sent 3 pdf blocks to layout from 3 separate CAD details. (They were images that we blocked with some lines and added to the library to save re-drawing them) the problem is that my pdf writer is screwing two of the images throwing them over my title block and not where they show on my layout page. They show correctly on the layout page and print correctly on my A3 printer, however, they don't print correctly on the pdf writer.

Any ideas on how to fix?

Steve (NZ)sht9.pdf

Hi all

I have sent 3 pdf blocks to layout from 3 separate CAD details. (They were images that we blocked with some lines and added to the library to save re-drawing them) the problem is that my pdf writer is screwing two of the images throwing them over my title block and not where they show on my layout page. They show correctly on the layout page and print correctly on my A3 printer, however, they don't print correctly on the pdf writer.

Any ideas on how to fix?

Steve (NZ)attachicon.gifsht9.pdf

My guess is your between a rock and a hard place. Adobe will say it's Chief's problem and Chief may say it's an Adobe problem. In this age of sore customer service you will have luck with Chief but not much with Adobe.

I've been using Nuance's PDF Converter Professional without any problems.  They just came out with a new product Power PDF Advanced that I'm going to purchase ($99.99) because it has even more power - it can convert PDF to fillable forms, etc.

Is that version, the free one you get with Paperport. If so I think I have it, just don't use it.

Is that version, the free one you get with Paperport. If so I think I have it, just don't use it.

Nope, they are much more powerful.  They can convert just about any file type to a PDF and the other way around as well.  For me they are much easier to use than anything else I've tried.

Nope, they are much more powerful.  They can convert just about any file type to a PDF and the other way around as well.  For me they are much easier to use than anything else I've tried.

Paperport also has a lot of conversion type available that is included.