Close Gable Over Porch

SketchArchitect

Go to solution Solved by Joe_Carrick,

All - As a professed newbie, I have an issue that I'm sure is a simple fix, i just don't know how to do it.

I have this porch that I'm trying to reproduce in CA X7:

post-7886-0-54765900-1455219462_thumb.png

And I cant figure out for the life of me how to close the front of the gable and have a ceiling above the porch.

post-7886-0-30038300-1455219474_thumb.png

post-7886-0-41623300-1455219826_thumb.png

Any help?

SA

Open that porch room and under the structure tab, make sure to check "Ceiling Over This Room".  If you have auto rebuild attic walls toggled on, that should be all you need to do.  If not, you'll have to go up a floor and actually build a wall manually and designate it an "Attic Wall".

• Solution

File is too big to upload...    Perhaps the problem is that I didn't treat the exterior porch as a room..??  I just placed a slab and extended the roof out to meet the edge.

That's the problem.  Chief likes "Rooms" and it treats "Porches" as having a roof and a floor.  It's time to go back and redo that area.

If you close the Plan and zip it you should be able to upload.

That's the problem.  Chief likes "Rooms" and it treats "Porches" as having a roof and a floor.  It's time to go back and redo that area...

You could also possibly just create a room with a very short ceiling above your porch to avoid redoing it.  That or a ceiling plane and a manually built attic wall, or a polyline solid and an attic wall, or...