Top Stair Material Change

HighwayMan55

A couple of questions on this post...

1) How do i change the material on this top piece of my stairs?  When I do it changes the whole wall.

2) How do I trim the trim to the height of the floor?  

3) Can I change the height of the trim?

And lastly, can I can I select a different material for the trim than the riser?

post-9838-0-32663800-1455207648_thumb.jpg

Thank you in advance!

OurHouse.plan

Select the railing wall and apply a "Wall Covering" (10" high, -10" to bottom).

-or-

copy the "Wall Type" for that railing and add the riser material to the exterior surface.  In reality, the riser is there but the Wall Surface material is over-riding it in the display.

There's no way to specify a different material for the trim vs risers.  We've asked for that but CA hasn't done it yet.

Select the railing wall and apply a "Wall Covering" (10" high, -10" to bottom).

-or-

copy the "Wall Type" for that railing and add the riser material to the exterior surface.  In reality, the riser is there but the Wall Surface material is over-riding it in the display.

There's no way to specify a different material for the trim vs risers.  We've asked for that but CA hasn't done it yet.

Using the wall covering it spans the whole wall, not just the stair section.  And copying the wall type covers all the stairwell walls.  I think I will use a polyline, I seem to be getting good at using those to fake out things, lol.

So, FWIW - here's what I did:

1.  I broke the railing wall right at the edge of the Door Opening

2.  I selected that wall segment and used Transform/Replicate to move it in the y direction 1/2"

That allowed the riser surface to show because the wall surface was no longer in front of it.

post-47-0-43043200-1455214440_thumb.jpg

I just went with the polyline solid.  I do have the riser surface at the top landing checked already.  I attempted Joe, but I was unable to without missing up other walls.

I've come to the conclusion that will not be able to "properly" recreate the way the house was built.  But I can come close.  Thank you all.

Fixed it just playing around, straightened a few things, added another break in the landing and brought it back from the upper floor just a tad.

Edit btw your rail walls weren't aligned with the wall below also.

There is a 1" overlap of the top floor over the bottom floor, that's why they aren't aligned.  I am doing a as built drawing of my house, and that's how its built for some reason.