Walls Not Forming Correctly On Upper Portion Of Balloon Wall.

jrussell

Go to solution Solved by rlackore,

I've been trying to fix the issue with my walls to no avail. I've got a meeting with this client in 6 hours.

Render the model in 3D and you'll see the problem with the balloon walls along the main portion of the house along the courtyard.

FYI, this is my client's concept. I'm still working on the window schedule, exterior trim, etc., but I need to get this issue fixed first.

I've attached a stripped down version of the plan. Your help is always appreciated.

post-9017-0-13381800-1455198486_thumb.jpg

main-revision2-copy2.plan

I did not open the plan but a quick look at the picture suggests that you need to pull the lower roof planes back a little to allow the wall to extend to the upper roof.  Then set the lower roof to span onto the siding instead of the framing.

• Solution

Grab this exterior wall and drag it across to the west wall:

post-95-0-62136700-1455202007_thumb.png

Then select the wall segments on the interior, open the object dbx, and set the Roof>Lower Wall if Split by Butting Roof to Room Divider:

post-95-0-40636800-1455202119_thumb.png

Then set the Wall Types>Pony Wall>Display in Plan View to Lower Wall:

post-95-0-25344000-1455202165_thumb.png

You should get this:

post-95-0-66257900-1455202191_thumb.png

Repeat for the other side.

I did not open the plan but a quick look at the picture suggests that you need to pull the lower roof planes back a little to allow the wall to extend to the upper roof.  Then set the lower roof to span onto the siding instead of the framing.

Yeah, I tried that. It just formed perpendicular walls and added a funky roof plane.