Basement Doors Below Finished Floor

HighwayMan55

Hello All,

I am going to start bombarding you all with many questions.  Then go on vacation, then bombard you again when I get back.

But I will only do one at a time, so simply things, you know, lol.

Anyways, in my basement, the doors are not on the finished floor, but below them on the slab.  

Floor to Boom is set to 0"

The room trim is set directly on the finished floor like it's supposed to be.

Any ideas why?

Thanks!

I don't see the problem in Standard Render but I do in Vector Render View.  I think this is a problem with having the "Basement" on Floor 0.  I know that a lot of Chief Users use Floor 0 for the Basement but I always reserve Floor 0 strictly for the Foundation.  All my living spaces are on Floor1 or above. 

Why do you need to raise them?

You can insert a new Floor between Floor 0 and Floor 1.  Then use Edit Area to copy all the interior walls, doors, etc. on Floor 0 to the new Floor 1. (use copy/paste/paste in place)

Then you will need to delete those Items on Floor 0 and probably build a new Foundation.

btw: You should change the Basement Exterior Walls to CMU or Concrete.

I am one of the users that always puts basements on floor 0. It works for me, not for others....but yes. Simply raise the door off the slab to where you want it to be. Keep in mind though, unless the same flooring is used on each side of the door, there may be an issue.

For instance. A bathroom and a family room are next to each other. The bath has tile, the family room thick carpet. You are going to want the door to open into the bath most likely so that it doesn't get caught on the carpet.

Why do you need to raise them?

You can insert a new Floor between Floor 0 and Floor 1.  Then use Edit Area to copy all the interior walls, doors, etc. on Floor 0 to the new Floor 1. (use copy/paste/paste in place)

Then you will need to delete those Items on Floor 0 and probably build a new Foundation.

btw: You should change the Basement Exterior Walls to CMU or Concrete.

Because I'm an engineer and little things like that bother me.  :blink:

I don't understand, I checked and I thought they were CMU walls in the basement? I've got them set as pony walls 8" (Block) CMU with a 4" interior wall 36" tall, that's how this house was built.  

I don't understand, I checked and I thought they were CMU walls in the basement? I've got them set as pony walls 8" (Block) CMU with a 4" interior wall 36" tall, that's how this house was built.  

In Plan view you are just showing the upper wall.  If you cut a section thru the building, the upper wall is only a 4" stud wall aligned with the exterior face of the CMU.  Is that how it was built or is the upper wall the full thickness?

I am one of the users that always puts basements on floor 0. It works for me, not for others....but yes. Simply raise the door off the slab to where you want it to be. Keep in mind though, unless the same flooring is used on each side of the door, there may be an issue.

The problem with raising the Door is that it will then have a threshold which you don't want on an interior door in most cases.  Chief should really have a "clearance from floor" option.

In Plan view you are just showing the upper wall.  If you cut a section thru the building, the upper wall is only a 4" stud wall aligned with the exterior face of the CMU.  Is that how it was built or is the upper wall the full thickness?

That is how it is built!  It's weird, I know.  I think the people who built/designed this house were on crack or something.