Western Canada User Group

bueckert

I am just starting out with Chief. I have been using Vectorworks for a number of years but want better 3d and interior presentations. I am currently struggling with how to turn a presentation into const. Docs. As soon as the spring rush is over I am hopefully going to make some headway.

I am just outside Saskatoon so that should be considered Western Can. (Used to be in B.C. Shuswap area).

• 2 months later...

Used to live in Edmonton....now in Montreal area....so I'm a Westerner at heart if not in location.

My work, surprisingly, is almost exclusively in the US and Alberta-B.C.

The beauty of the internet.

• 3 months later...

Hi nuwest,

Doesn't look like you got too many responses, unless people messaged you personally. I'm really busy, but if you're still looking for someone and are not on a super tight schedule (I'm booked solid the next 2 months at least), I might be able to help you later on. 

my name is Rick I just purchased Chief Architect Premier VI in April 2104 I am a Finish Carpenter and have no previous experience with Drafting or drawing . I have always wanted to learn how to do drawings and presentation layouts for different renovation  projects for customers and also for permit applications. I am learning so much from the online videos and its been and is a very good learning experience. This is an awesome drawing program and very helpful . It  is a bit costly but worth every penny. My drafting knowledge has grown tremendously and my drawings have impressed my clients and gives them a much clearer picture of the end result of the project.

if any user has any ideas on drawing stairs and stairwells for split levels
I could use some help. I need the stairs to go up from basement level two floors up . my problem is how to create a flowing stairwell for the stair and have it create proper raked ceilings. .

much appreciated

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
On 2/23/2020 at 8:36 AM, TotalStation said:

Hello,

Good to see  we have a group of our own. i live in Airdrie and have been using Chief now for a year.

CA X11,CA X12 and Home Designer Pro 2020

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Manitoba….where we get to choose eastern or western affiliation. I choose West.

Recently semi-retired educator moving into realm of drafting and design. Current projects include classic A-Frame Cottage and Bunkhouse. Loving Chief Architect.

X13 on iMac

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

We are experienced Chief-Architect Premium Users in West Vancouver. We do commercial and residential design and provide full set for permit application work, for renovation as well as for niew built custom homes and we also provide full interior design services. 

Text me at seven seven eight eight six nine four eight eight four if you need anything. We are looking for a licensed architect to work with on some multifamily projects.