Room Title Text

GLOBE-Res

Another way to make that happen is to change the text style for the Room Interior Dimensions [or Room ... Area(s)] to a different "character height" if you don't want to use Chief's default character height of 6.  To do that, just go into Active Layer Display Options and with, e.g., Room, Interior Dimensions selected (and checked for display), click on Define opposite Text Style: at the bottom of ALDO panel (to the right of your screen if you are displaying it otherwise you have to go to the tool bar to open it) and then I would make a copy of the Default Text Style and rename it to something appropriate (e.g., Text Style, Room Int. Dim., 4.5).  In my example, I put the 4.5 in the new text style name to show that I've changed the character height to 4.5 which will print at 3/32" height for 1/4" = 1'-0" plans.  I use 4.5 a lot because I find that using 6 takes up noticeably more space on my plans and tends to clutter things up. If you want to check on how different character heights will print, you can use the Print Size Calculator to check different character heights for the scale you are using.  It can be found on the tool bar of the text specification box and is a 'P' with an Up/Dn arrow to the left of it.

Joey's idea works very nicely .... you will have to decide which works better for you.